What did you feel like when you first started feeling contractions ? Did your water break first or no? I had a c-section last time so I never felt anything! Just wondering what I should look out for!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just felt major cramps across my belly that would come and go, and my water never broke on its own, they had to break it both times at the hospital. HTH!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You are having normal birth after C/Section? Very risky. I'm supprised you got a Dr who'll do it.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• your water doesnt have to break in order to have contactions. i remember my doctor had to break my water for me but i was having contractions. contractions is a pressure you feel that isnt normal and you would most likely know at that time. the pressure gets heavier and heavier as time goes on
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "You are having normal birth after C/Section? Very risky. I'm supprised you got a Dr who'll do it. "

my mother had 3 c-sections and 4 normal births after that.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always describe it to people that it feels like when u have diarhhea and u have to hold it 4 a while....those sickening waves of pain! ahh! then u get ot the end, and u want to push, and ur body wants u to push soooo bad, and the damn nurse tells u u cant until the dr gets there.....and u have to fight it, and thats the worst part, bc its just not normal to hold those pushes back....but u can do it!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just felt really bad cramps. My water didn't break on its on, they did that.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The really bad cramps thing.. But you could also have BH contractions that feel really uncomfortable but are not real! i just figured that out when i thought i was having real ones! the difference is the BH contractions will not be on the same timing . The real one's you will know b.c they will be on a steady time & as they go continue to get longer & stronger. But you water does not have to break first for you to go into active labor. Mine did but everyone is different.
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• VBACs are actually quite safe, CassyzMom. Just FYI.
    The contractions feel like major menstrual cramps. They start out mild, and get stronger and stronger. Most women have contractions before their water breaks. Mine was the other way around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Horray for your VBAC!

With mine it was like cramping then tightness and I could feel it in my lower back.
    Good Luck! !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010