how do you know if you've passed a mucous plug and what is that?

first time pregnancy and im still learning all the different things

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 9:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's a huge disgusting looking piece of thick rubbery mucus. it doesn't mean anything if you lose it.....it can grow back. it is made by your cervix. if it comes out (either in pieces or the whole thing), you will know because it's the nastiest thing i've ever seen lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Its like a snotty looking string with some blood. Its really gross.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• its looks pretty much what it's called mucus, my husband was like ewww babe did you hock that loogey i was like no its my mucus plug lol he said ewww looks like a green gooey booger. trust me you know whaqt it is when you see it.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I never even noticed mine, I lost it in pieces and it wasn't a funky color and didn't have any blood. It basically seals your cervix to prtect it against infection and irritation.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It can come out in pieces or in big clumps , it can have red or brown in it or just look yellowish.. It looks like you just blew your nose in the toilet paper! its really yucky looking! ive been losing mine lately But i does not mean anything if you lose it though b. c it can grow back its self
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010