How soon is too soon to try and conceive after losing a child/ baby?

PBrooks04

Asked by PBrooks04 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• First of all let me say I am sorry for your loss. I can't give u the answer u are looking for for sure but I can give u a website. It helped me a little. They tell u to wait at least one cycle to 3 but I have already started and I haven't had one yet. I know I'm bad. Lol but I also think I may be already. Here is that website. Let me know if it helps or what happens. feel free to message me. Good luck.
    http://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 1:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• 3 months you should wait
    Anonymous

• I just had a miscarriage and my ObGyn said its safe to try again after a cycle. so we wait. she said if you do not wait a cycle you risk losing baby.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 2:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• 1-Im terribly sorry for your loss, everyday I fear im going to lose my baby (this is my first pregnancy)
    2-I believe after a few weeks, dont quote me on that, but also, when you really feel your ready because depression can take place from losing a baby.

Goodluck though on your next one! I hope it goes well <33

my heart goes out to you
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I miscarried in August and my doctor told me that physicians are all over the board as to when it is physically ok to conceive again. She recommends waiting until after you've had one normal cycle, but also said there are other doctors that recommend waiting at least three cycles. She also mentioned that it is possible to get pregnant right after you miscarry, but that all the research she has done and the studies she has read show a significant chance of repeating the miscarriage because your body is still depleted from the previous pregnancy. I really want to have another baby, and I decided to listen to my doctors advice and wait one cycle because if I had gotten pregnant right away again, and lost that one too, I would definite blame myself. Losing one was hard enough!
    I am sorry to hear of your loss too and good luck with the future.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My doctor told me I could start trying a month after my miscarriage, if I felt I was ready. That was in July and I still don't feel ready. I'm still grieving and I'd be too worried about another miscarriage.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• After I lost my son my doctor told me I could try whenever I wanted, but I talked to my therapist lady from the hospital and she told me it is the best to wait when your emotionally ready. I know even after a year after losing my son I dont want to try. So it is just when you are ready.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i just lost one 2 months ago and my doctors told me to wait at least 2 regular cycles to make sure your body is ready..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 7:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I lost my child and it's been 19 months. I think I'm finally ready to try again.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 10:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008