Do you ever experience this?

Do you ever say one simple thing (just conversating) and get this long winded dialogue in return? And regret ever speaking (or forgetting what you said to begin with)?

omg and if I say anything I hurt the person's feelings. ugh.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes yes and yes! Such a simple response is all that is needed, and then ten minutes later you are wondering what it was that set them off in the first place.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh yes, for sure. And I also suspect that sometimes I am the one giving the long-winded reply. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it doesn't really bother me....some people just like to talk more than others that's all.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh yes. Or how about, when you ask a question, the person replies with something that is so far off topic and/or unrelated that it's unbearable? Or when they somehow turn the conversation around to be all about them?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• lol heck yea. my hubby is that way. once he gets started i dont even consider it a conversation, i just listen to him go on and on and on and on and then when he is done. i make a simple response and walk away ;) as for the hurting ppls feelings (have you met my mil? drama queen love her to death but she is serious take things to heart.)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• omg yes... but only with my SO.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010