does laying on your side feel like you are pressing in your baby?

every night i go to sleep i have trobble cause i kinda lean when i am sleeping on my side but i cant help it, i think everyone kinda does it but i wanna lay on my back but i hear its not safe be i feel good on my back better then my sides.(i am 27 weeks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• laying on your back is fine i did it when i could sleep my kids were always in my ribs so i layed on my side as well it wont hurt the baby either way just remember the baby is protected with the fluid around him or her
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I felt the same way... I would turn my hips while laying on my side, but as you get bigger things will change. one solution i found was getting a pregnancy pillow, although it cut down on snuggle time with my husband. you won't crush you baby either... they will let you know when you need to move.
    ArtistSarah

Answer by ArtistSarah at 1:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I sleep on my back sometimes at night. If you're pressing on anything that's hurting your baby, your body will let you know and you'll move unconciously. Your body works in mysterious ways :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I don't know much about how we should lay, but I have heard that to lay on your left side is best. Your right side is full of your intestines and organs. Then again, I am not a doctor!
    Teddy141

Answer by Teddy141 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• get a boppy pillow and lay it under your belly when you lay on your side!or a regular pillow would work too i guess..i had this problem when i was prego with my son and i tried everything!but that really worked for me!!give it a shot and good luck!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 7:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2008