If a friends owed you a dinner because I kept bring her son back and forth to football practice and then totally forgot about it and then brings up the fact that she has not given my child an

envelope for graduating , how would you answer eventually ? I am tired of her phoniness. I need comeback lines....

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• if she is fake.. dont be around her. that doesnt mean you cant HELP her son out. just dont keep yourself around her.. i cut a few friends loose bc i got sick of their lies and fakeness. but if they ever NEEDED me for real i would help just because who i am is not determined by how good a friend they are to me. but i dont call them and i dont hang out with them but they know they can count on me if needed
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm not a believer in snarky comebacks in real life... if the person is a fake friend then don't spend so much energy on her
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If she were a friend, you would take the kid back and forth because you wanted to. If you expected payment, you should have gotten that arranged before hand.
    also, a friend doesn't OWE your child anything for graduating.

This sounds like a case where you expect to get 'paid' for being a friend. If you feel that she doesn't meet your standards, find a new friend, why be snarky about it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I honestly do not get it
    first let me say a FRIEND dont expect things
    but what's this envelop stuff? they cant graduate because theres no envelop? explain please
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i would just do her son a favor to get her son where he needs to be and just stay focused on that. dont do her favors, she knows she owes you but she wont because she doesnt want to or will just continue to blow you off. i had a neighbor like that. she kept saying she will do this and that and never did. just ignore her but not her son but dont do EVERYTHING for her son.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, I don't really believe in someone "owing" me. When I do a favor for a friend, I am choosing to do a favor - I don't think of it as "being owed", even when a friend says "hey, if you can help me for this I'll take you to dinner".
    And giving someone an envelope for graduation? That's a gift. Gifts are given by choice of the giver. They are never an obligation.

So the need for a "comeback line"? I just don't see that need. Not at all.
    (and if I did see that need? I certainly don't see what purpose it would serve)
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I gave her son a gift twice that is why. She felt guilty that is all. Lol,
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking. However, Gaccck seems to have some sound advice.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010