my dd wont keep her pacifier in her mouth...shes 11 weeks old...i keep having to put it back in her mouth...

does this mean she doesnt need it? it only helps for a minute or less before she spits it out because it feels too good maybe and shes afraid shes going to go to sleep?? driving me crazy!

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It took my son forever to learn how to keep his paci in his mouth! He would get soooo mad and frustrated when it would fall out, too. I'm not sure that it means she doesn't want it but maybe she is just too overtired and doesn't know what she wants. With our son, we only give him the paci at bedtime so he now associates it with sleep. This has helped us out a lot as far as allowing him to self sooth whne he is exhausted.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If she doesn't want it, why keep forcing her to use it? By her age, she should be able to keep it in if she wants.
    Pitch it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• she probably doesn't want it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• then stop...
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my daughter use to keep it in but throws it now my son has never taken one it would fall out of his mouth so i never forced him to take it I WOULD not force it its better than having to ween them off at an older age
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She might not like that kind of pacifier. Maybe try a different kind with a different nipple shape.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• not all babies need or want a pacifer. You could always try a different style/shape if it seems like she wants one, But if she is happy without it I wouldn't bother.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my son did the same thing now he just doesnt even want it and he is 3 months old he likes his hands better probably just doesnt want it
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• when you put it in her mouth gently pull alittle on it, that will teach your daughter to keep it in her mouth on her own. If she keeps spitting it out then she's one of those babies who dont need a paci, If thats the case it's a good thing b/c then you dont have to worry about trying to get rid of it later on and any teeth issues.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If she keeps spitting it out then stop giving it to her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2010