my DD is sssoooo.TIRED. but she wont nap......tried the swing, tried the crib, tried rocking...not sure what to do now??just let her lay beside me or on me and cry??

advice?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes all the crying gets them worked up making it hard to nap. Have you tried the car ride? This ALWAYS worked for my DD, although once asleep, she was a ver hard sleeper & i could easily transfer her into the house once she fell asleep. Is she taking a bottle or breastfed? My DD would also always fall asleep when i breastfed her. Letting lay next to you may work. If you lay down with her, & try to pretend to take a nap with her, that might help. I remember laying w/ DD & slowly closing my eyes while she was watching me hoping it would help her fall asleep. It did work sometimes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• go for a ride in the car? if you have a sling, that definitely helps my dd... swaddle her up and sing to her....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• a car ride always helped my DD too. Have you tried a warm bath?
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We always found it worked best for us to get into a sleep time routine that was always the same. Diaper change, lights out, drapes pulled, soft music on, cuddling/rocking/swaying. When the baby got drowsy he was laid down. Leave room and shut door. If done in the same manner, all the time, the baby picks up on the cues and knows it's time for sleeping. The lady I do childcare for has also asked me to follow a set routine with her baby. If the baby cries at all it isn't for long. And I don't mean screaming his lungs out, but minor fussing. I know there are a lot of moms who will disagree with this method but it is what worked for us. Our kids were good sleepers and happy babies. Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• google happiest baby on the block. My husband uses those techniques and it works great for my son. It's worth a try! Good luck! I have the same prob. but nursing always helps me b/c when he gets so tired he wont eat just passes out.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• remember... calm down. when you get frustrated dd can feel it and it frustrates her too.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 11:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I turn on the radio or play music on my laptop when me son gets over tired.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We put ours in their Borne Carrier and they fall right to sleep
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A sound machine helped DS. He still uses it to this day. Something about that white noise can really help them relax.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Try a nice warm bath, and baby powder and lotion then pjs, and then go for a car ride,that always help my dd. Also she could be teething how old is she?
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010