I HAVE A QUESTION!

OKAY I'M PREGNANT WITH MY 3RD CHILD. I WENT TO THE ER LAST NIGHT AND I'M DILATED 3 CM AND 60% EFFACED. WONDER HOW MUCH LONGER IT WOULD BE BEING SINCE THIS IS MY 3RD CHILD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I thought they admit you at 3cm dilated. Have your contractions started? You don't have much longer. Take a long long walk and have some sex. That outta get the ball rollin.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Call your doctor. They might be able to induce you if your 3 cm dilated.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• No no no no no, don't get induced that is very bad advice!!!! And the other one says "I thought they admit you at 3 cm." What an expert! Do you know how big 3 cm is ~ a little over 1 inch. 10 cm is just under 4 inches. Big difference. Stay calm. They come when they come and if you mess with the complex hormonal cocktail you are likely to end up with a c-section. 31% do you know! Don't do anything rash! Breath, walk, have sex, get some rest.
    Anonymous

• Feesharose - They don't admit you at 3cm, that's still considered early labor, you aren't considered to be in active labor until 4 cm.

To the poster - There is no way to tell you how much longer it will be honey, if you have 2 kids already then you should know this. I was dilated to a 2 and about 55% effaced for about 3 weeks...*shrug* How far along are you? That will make a difference as well
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I was induced TWICE at 37 weeks and didn't have a csection. The only child that I almost had a csection with is the child I went into labor with NATURALLY. If your going to get a csection your going to get one there is no stopping it. Calling your doctor won't hurt anyone.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008