How much does it cost to spay a cat where you live?

...and how much to neuter?

...and if it's cheap, how long is the wait?

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 10:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pets

• I foster a lot of animals so I use two of the low cost clinics in my area. One of them will do the ferals for free or charge 30 for male cats 35 for females and then the price for dogs varies by the weight. At the other clinic it is about the same price. If I were to go to a normal clinic it would start at about $150
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I live in CT and I think it's probably around 300 for a spay, I know it's not cheap. I'm not sure though because I have always adopted cats from the humane society and they give me a voucher to have my cats fixed at a huge discount at any vet that accepts the vouchers. If you are going to a discount clinic the wait will probably be kind of long, so call asap!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We have a low cost spay and neuter in our town. You have to call to make an appointment, but it's usually only waiting a week, if that. Then you go in the morning (about 7) and pick them back up at about 4. For a spay it's $50 and for a neuter it's $35. For $20 more they will give the shots your cat needs as well. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 10:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I payed about $40.00

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We had our cat spayed on National Spay and Neuter day in February. I think it cost us $50.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 10:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010