how do i teach my 3yr old

i want her not to hit yell tell me and her dad what we are going to do i just want her to have a little respect for others

katrina2girls

Asked by katrina2girls at 1:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think 3 is by far worse the 2. My 5 year old got her smart mouth when she was around three. At age 3 she is testing the waters, see what she can get away with. The corner or bedtime worked great with my daughter, anytime she mouthed off we would calmly tell her that that is not how she is suppose to act and made her stand in the corner, if she got out of the corner or just plan wouldn't listen she would go to bed. Last resort was a swat on the butt. Another thing we did was prasie her through out the day when she was good. Like if she did something we asked her to do without mouthing off we would say" Now that is how you act, i am very proud that you did what you were told." She loved getting the praises more then getting yelled at, so it seemed she worked harder for the praises. It is hard but as long as whatever you find works you are consitent with she should start to realized how to treat other people.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Does your daughter know my son? I have been dealing with the exact same thing for the past 3m. The last three days have been heaven. Thing have started to finally calm down with him. This is what I did. When your daughter starts acting in that way YOU remove her! Take her away from what ever she's doing. Take her to her room sit on her on her bed and discuss what she did wrong. Kicking, yelling, hitting is not exceptable. I always asked my son if he wanted me to do that to him. He always answered NO. SO then I told him that he doesn't do that to me or daddy. I sit with him til' he acts right then make him appologize to everyone. IF you need more help invite me as a friend and I can explain better.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I don't care where we are at, When my son does this to me, I set him down for a time out right then & wherever we may be. He's tried a couple of times to react in a public place & I nip it just like I do at home so they know not to try it again. It's amazing how little ones know that we react differently in different situations.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008