Can you buy any birth control pills without a prescription?

I don't need them for birth control my tubes are tied. However, ever since my tubes have been tied (2 years now) I am always irregular. It really is getting annoying and I would like to take the pill to regulate them. I know it would work because I was always regular when I took them before. I don't have insuarance and don't want to have to pay for a Dr's visit.

jnd951999

Asked by jnd951999 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• If you are current on your pap exams your gyn may be able to call in a prescription for you, but if you are not current they will probably want you to come in for a pap before they write a prescription. All birth control is prescription as far as I know though...and like the pp said try planned parenthood it may be cheaper.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They are prescription only, you could try planned parenthood, or maybe a local clinic?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, they are perscription only. Go to a planned parenthood, they do a sliding pay scale
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have heard certain groups that are trying to make certain BC pils otc. They say doctors shouldnt hold birth control hostage unless you make an appt. Many woman are very busy, dont have the means or funds to go through all the test for a pap, or plain just dont want it done. I have to agree. I think it should be an option for all woman not only the ones who have time for a dr's visit. But I agree with all the above that planned parenthood is probably your best best.
    caseyd26

Answer by caseyd26 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Go to GNC, they don't have birth control pills but there are vitamins that can help.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I really don't think that it is a good idea to self-medicate for an issue of irregular bleeding. You have to address the bleeding issue by seeing a Doctor. I don't know your age but it may be a sign of menopause and thickening of the uterus. If it is either of those, taking Birth Control pills is not the answer and may have adverse effects caused by clotting. Can you go to a Medical Clinic? Try to get the care you need. Good Luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010