Making multiple meals for one family

Do you? Why?

I expect my children to eat what is prepared, they may choose not to but they know that they will be hungry should they decide not to eat. I will not prepare multiple meals for my children.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Nope they eat what we eat. The only time that happens is when it is left overs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I prepare one meal every night...if they don't like what I've prepared, they get to eat a peanut butter sandwich with fruit. On most nights I fix something I know they're going to like, but there are times (once, maybe twice a week) when I like to try something new. They rarely complain about anything I prepare, but it has happened. They are required to at least try it before they say they don't like it. My kids know the rules and we've never had a problem.

I'm not a short order cook!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope, i'm not a short order cook
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My family eats what I cook. If they don't like it they can make themselves a sandwich and eat some raw veggies. I usually make a lean meat or some kind of bean or lentil dish, 2-3 veggies and a salad so there are a variety of healthy options. I can't think of a time when my son or husband made a sandwich and didn't eat what I made.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. They get the side dishes if the main dish is food they cannot eat, with added fruit. Or they get what we're eating completely.
    I am not a chef, I make what I make and they either eat it or not. When they get older they can make their own meals if they don't like what I'm cooking. BUT they will not be able to just throw in junk food to pacify, it must be a real well balanced meal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm with all of you moms. I cook one meal. If I really knew they didn't like it, I might let them have a peanut butter and jelly.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't have the time or the food budget to prepare multiple meals. If I am making sandwiches or something simple for lunch I do offer choices. I don't offer choices for dinner when I am putting a lot of effort and food in to making one balanced, high-quality meal.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The only time that I make something different for my son is when it is something that i made to spicy for him to eat. But even then it is more or less i pull a little of it out before i start kicking up the heat...this way I dont have to make a full meal just for him.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope... If we are having left overs, then everyone gets to pick what they want, but beyond that, I make one meal, eat or don't eat, there is one dinner on the table.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, but sometimes I make two. My son is a year old, and there are some things that my husband and I eat that I don't want him having. I make sure he has very nutritional, balanced meals, and things that aren't spicy,etc. My husband and I love spicy things, so sometimes I make my son a separate meal. As he gets older, I'll be cooking meals that the entire family will eat, and that will be it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010