Dog Grooming

How often do you bathe your dog? Do you do it or do you take him to have it done?

I take my Boxer to PetSmart every couple of months when he needs his nails clipped and his ears cleaned to be bathed. Otherwise I bathe him at home every other week.

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pets

• My dogs go into the shower with me every month or so in the winter in the summer we have a pool and if they get so stinky then we do the same.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I bathe mine outside during the summer, it's warm and they are super hairy. I clip their nails, big money saver ;) Otherwise, I either take them to Petsmart or a do it yourself bathing place..
    sherwins.girl

Answer by sherwins.girl at 10:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I take my Chi/Yorkie Mix to the groomer every 3 weeks- She has kinda Funky Hair & starts looking like a Wild Child!LOL She also needs her Anal Glands done that often-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have 2 Shelties. I bathe them myself every week or two depending on how dirty/stinky they get. I brush their hair and teeth every couple of days and cut their nails once/week.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my lil dog gets bathed about once a month...he gets so stinky/dirty..i get him done professionally right before christmas
    my golden ret, gets bathed 2 times in the summer by me..once at christmas, and once in the spring professionally
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do all 6 of my dogs every other week when they are not showing or are retired.The yorkies are clipped down and the shih tzu is growing her coat out after having a litter this past spring.I do the 3 adult yorkies on 1 day then the shih tzu,the dachshund,and the yorkie puppy the next day.The shih tzu is the most time consuming.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010