Movies and Music

Do you and your SO share the same taste in music and movies?

For the most part, we do, although we have our differences also. I REALLY like the scary ones, and he prefers the sci-fis, but we agree on the rest!

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• yes and no....mostly yes though
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no but that is the good thing because since we have been together we have just intertwinde our differances which is really good...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• we do like to watch movies...though he gets a bit picky- he WILL NOT watch Zombieland. period. We've tried and tried but he just won't!

we have some music we both like- Alice in Chains, old U2, Oingo Boingo, The mission UK, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, the Eagles, new wave 80's stuff...
    but a lot of his music drives me nuts- it all sounds the same and bores me to death and he hates most of what I like so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For the most part. We both LOVE horror movies, especially zombie films and hilariously stupid, perverted comedies. We both love rock music, but he's more into the older stuff than I am.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• we like the same kind of tunes and flicks.....lucky for him, lol
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 9:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Movies... not so much, he likes scary and he likes the really stupid humor type comedies (think Talladega Nights) and I can't stand scary movies and like comedies but not the really dumb humor ones. He obviously doesn't like chick flicks and I only like some of them, can't stand the really sappy ones, but I do have a few that I love. Action, Suspense and Thriller (psycho type thrillers) we both love. Music, we agree on a lot, but I was raised with 4 older brothers and sisters, so my tastes date all the way back to the 60's while he doesn't like anything before 1990 (even though he grew up in the 70's) except maybe Ozzy and Pink Floyd, those are about the only "oldies" he likes. He likes Eminem and I want to puke when he puts it on. I love the Carpenters and he wants to puke when I put them on LOL
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Movies: Kind of. We both like slasher films, some fantasies and anime movies. Other than that, he loves action films, comedies and war movies and I hate those three genres (Except for Monty Python)

Music: we like some of the same bands like Pantera, Metallica, Queen.. pretty much older bands. But, he is getting into that crappy Nu Metal and I dislike it with a passion. Though, I can stand to listen to Nightwish (Not nu metal.. but, ya)
    I love Japanese Rock and Visual Kei bands.. he can't stand them or bands like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dir En Grey.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010