What are your top causes right now?

Have you signed any online petitions for anything? If so, what have you signed for?

One cause I'm worried about right now is implementing religious text in with textbooks for public education in Texas. I realize I live in the "Bible Belt" now, but I still have a problem with it. I feel it's in violation of the separation of church and state. If we violate that law (and I'm sure others have already been violated), how long until they're all violated??

Below are URLs explaining it. I realize that FoxNews is biased, but, a lot of news networks are, I think.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/22/texas-board-education-readies-textbook-resolution-vote/

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/12/evening-buzz-texas-textbook-showdown/

http://msnbc.newsvine.com/_question/2010/09/24/5172494-crossing-the-line-texas-school-board-considers-textbook-ban

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• One of my big concerns is similar in that I worry about religious beliefs in secular laws. I feel strongly about marriage equality. Most people who want to ban gay marriage say they feel it should be banned because the Bible says it is wrong. But marriages are sanctioned by the state/government. Individual churches should be able to say who can marry in their church, but there should not be laws restricting it on a secular level.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always support any any crulety petitions I find, drilling and tearing down forests too. I am trying to help riase money for the cloth diaper foundation charity too to help it stay open. I'm in new englang but I'll check those links out and help you if I can.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ohh, and I don't do online petitions for anything 'official'... I do them to allow others to gage the number of people who support a cause... As far as religion is concerned. All faiths should be even equal opportunity to be represented in subject appropriate curriculum. Sometimes people bend over backwards to be politically correct and that tends to distort the truth/reality... I don't know if that is what is happening here because I'm not active in this cause...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm all for autism awareness and I will support a lot of things that are pro family, and anything to lessen the amount of abortions going on in this country.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Pro-life without slut shamming, women and children, gay rights, Repealing DADT, education and AIDS research.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 12:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ensuring my family and relatives endure through these tough economic times. Any and all causes in support of women and children's rights and advocacies.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My cause? Homeless Vets, Urban Cure, and repealing at least 80% of ObamaCare.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010