Blood in urine? adult content

I've been feeling like I had to pee all the time and it's only a little.... just now I noticed a little blood in my urine and it feels tender ..... does this sound like a bladder infection? Can drinking cranberry juice fix this or do I need to go to the dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• I'd head to the dr. Or at least give him/her a call. Hope you feel better.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Could be a bladder infection, best bet is to go to the doctor and find out. Cranberry juice can help, but bladder infections are bacterial and anti-biotics are the best way to treat it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• go to the doctor, blood in the urine is never a good sign... and a bladder infection is usually just painful not with blood, as far as i know anyways :-/ good luck, hope you feel better soon!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No - cranberry juice alone will not fix it. Go to the doctor - UTIs if treated can be come Kidney infections and that's far worse. You need an antibiotic if it is a UTI.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like a kidney infection to me and you should see your gyn. as soon as possible, it will only get worse the longer you wait. I strongly encourage you to make an appointment today before you wind up in the ER like I did.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes I agree with everyone else. Go to your DR.. It could be anything from a really bad infection to a stone or maybe both. Hope all goes well and you start feeling better soon!
    Jennifer R.

Answer by Jennifer R. at 10:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Could be a uti, bladder or kidney infection, or even a kidney stone. I'd call the doctor for sure.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010