Are my boobs shrinking?! adult content

I have been breastfeeding my 3 week old since he was born, and its going well. The thing is, my boobs used to be bigger when we first started, and now it is like they are shrinking. He is still drinking for about 3o min on each one, but I would think they would be bigger. Is this normal? Also my right one is bigger then my left, like it has more milk. Is this normal? I feel so silly for asking, but I wasn't able to breastfeed my 1st child, so I'm just curious.

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your boobs were probably bigger then because they were more engorged and you body was still getting used to everything. Unfortunately even when not breastfeeding most women have one boob slightly bigger than the other.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 11:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just make sure that he nurses on each breast equally. Just because your breasts may appear smaller doesnt' mean you aren't making enough milk. As long as he pees and poops and is gaining weight, then I wouldn't worry :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• totally normal, and yes unfortunately they do shrink a bit :P my right was always bigger then my left too and all my kids drank the same out of each side...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes-normal...Boobs are normally slightly to alot different in size for women-nursing brings out those suttle differences and makes them more predominant. One boob often produces more-but you should still nurse both sides and not let your baby just favor one side.
    Heck-My boobs never really increased that much when I nursed (was larger chested to begin with) but I swear they've shrunk over the years since breastfeeding-maybe it's just gravity-I mean it was 10 years since I nursed...
    ZsMommy

Answer by ZsMommy at 11:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• All totally normal! Once your post partum hormones stabilize your breasts are no longer so big. It may "feel" like there is no milk, you may stop feeling milk let down (some moms never feel it), you may stop leaking etc. You still have plenty of milk! Just keep feeding baby on demand and baby will make sure you are making enough milk.
    Most moms report that one side is more productive. All that matters is that baby is getting enough milk, it doesn't matter which breast most of it comes from.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My boobs got smaller after the intiital engorgement. :(
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010