how to curl my hair with a curling iron

how do i curl my hair with a curling iron and it stays up?

babygrlajg

Asked by babygrlajg at 1:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• use moose
    Anonymous

• When I curl my hair with a curling iron (i haven't done it since highschool!!) I would take the strip that I planned on curling, spray it with hairspray or put mousse on it, and then curl it.
    When you think your curl is ready, and you are going to remove the iron, try to pull it gently strait down from the curl, so that you do not undo what you just did.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• mousse will do nothing but damage
    and you are suppoced to use that while your hair is wet.

Do you have a normal iron or a marcell? Marcells will stay alot longer
    You cann spray hairspray while its ON the iron if you want but when you take it down dont pull at all just open and let lose.... If you have a 1'' straightner you can use that too and will look just as good in 1/2 the time
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well when i did it, it stays up but not for that long and i used hair spray. will spritz work. i was told to use spritz
    babygrlajg

Answer by babygrlajg at 1:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• it will to a extent. I used hot rollers for my hair for my wedding and they stayed up real good and they only take a few minutes to pop in =)

Barrel curls also make for a good time, they are a little harder and take a little longer but you will def notice the diffrence
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Use Redken's Spray Starch, spray right before you put the iron on it, while it's still wet, make sure to keep opening and closing and twisting the iron (all at the same time) WAIT until it's completely cool before you touch it, the bonds are still trying to form while it's hot. You can really use any heat protective spray. Matrix has a good one that I use, I can't think of the name but anyting that says thermal styling on it will work.
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• While hair is damp apply a styling product styling lotion or foam. Blow dry hair at the roots, lifting with fingers, or blow dry upside down for fullness. Mist hair with aerosol hair spray or thermal spray. Wrap hair around curing iron, begin at the root base, make a small turn, hold at base for 1-2 seconds this will lock in curl, then proceed to wrap hair around iron until you have reached the end of the hair strand, do not hold for more that a few seconds otherwise you will cause damage. Also, do not drag curling iron down hair this will cause split ends. After, let hair cool, then use finger to fluff & then use a finish spray. If this seems like a hassle. Book a consultation with a professional stylist for hands on instructions.
    Pumkin67

Answer by Pumkin67 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2008