isnt the babys movement suppose to slow at the end of your pregnancy?

I have always been told that the babys movements should slow toward the end of the pregnancy because they have run out of room to move. I will be 39wks Tuesday Oct 5th, and my baby continues to move as much as he did at 20wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never noticed any difference.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• maybe a little but not necessarily. I guess it just depends on the size of the baby.
    fireflymcl

Answer by fireflymcl at 11:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lol I was told and hoping the same thing I have adhesions from my csection and when she moves its the worst pain and now that she bigger its worse I'm 36 weeks and she's moving just as much
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Mine never did. My oldest was breech at 38 weeks, so I planned to have a c-section. The night before I went to the hospital, I was feeling big rolling movements, same as always. He managed to flip around head-down that night. I suppose it might depend on the size of the baby, but mine never seemed to run out of room.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Mine was still kicking me during labor. She didn't settle down until I started pushing. All the nurses thought that was so funny. She's still the same way :\ lol
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My dd didn't slow down, but her movements changed. Toward the end it was more rolling and stretching and fewer kicks. She never did get bored with trying to break my ribs, though :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• they don't slow down really. They just run out of room to do summer salts & stuff. But i felt my baby more when he moved b.c she was alot bigger i just didn't feel her kicks or movement as hard as they were before
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i am at the end of my 40th week just days till due date and i am still feeling him move just as much as earlier in my pregnancy
    rachel66

Answer by rachel66 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010