Things Needed for....

a first time home buyer. My husband and I are about to close on our first house! Yay!! This is the first time moving out officially. We lived in my grandma's house for 2 years and she had furniture and now we're living with my in-laws saving money. We don't have a lot of furniture (We only have a refrigerator, DD's bed room(she's set!!), and out queen sized bed). So my question is, what are some things that we should buy right off the bat? Anything from a couch to a plunger. Anything that you think helped you right away. Thanks!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Cleaning supplies!!!!

A kitchen/dining table, sofa, and dressers.

Shower caddy, new shower curtain/liner/rings, bath mats, etc.

Also, a vacuum, sturdy broom/dust pan, a snake (in case your little one flushes something, or you have a hair clog in the shower- it saves you major $$$!!!), plunger, and good scrub brushes!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• cleaning supplies, toliet brush, broom, mop, vaccuum, measuring cups, a good knife for kitchen, pots/pans, shower curtain and rugs, towels, lawn mower, weed eater,

dont blow all your money! Move in and see how you do..will be alot of unexpected things like kitchen trash can, outdoor trash cans.

Buy the must haves and live without whatever you can. You can gradually decorate. Post on facebook stuff you may need..you will be suprised what people may give you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• dishes, kitchen towels, look on craigslist for furniture you need.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Dishes and bowls, glasses, coffee pot if you drink coffee, silverware, kitchen and bathroom towels, garbage cans, pots and pans, rugs for the bathroom and kitchen, doormat, mixing bowls, knives, hand held or electric can opener, salt and pepper shakers, spoons, spatulas etc for cooking. It truly is amazing all the little stuff you don't think about and end up needing.

You can always check freecycle, craig's list or Goodwill for a kitchen table, end tables, lamps, bookcases and things like that. You can often find stuff cheap and fix it up. And if the house doesn't have a stove you will need one of those.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks!!!!!!!!! There are some things here that I totally forgot about!!! Thanks!
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010