Do you ever stop and wonder what's the use??

This isnt so much of a question as it is a rant, so feel free to rant along with me! It's Monday after all! Let's face it folks, I will never be mistaken for one of the 50's housewives with the spotless house even with Beaver tracking mud through the carpet and smiling all the way through it. I'm not a total slob, but my husband and son could care less. They leave stuff lying in the floor or on the counter where they dropped it. And to make things even more interesting, my son's version of Flylady's fling boogie is to find things to fling out the window. Yay. I'd go on strike but it wouldnt do any good. The place would be condemned. Sooo.... gripe away or whatever!

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 11:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My house isn't that bad, but I understand the guy thing. When my DD's move out...they are now 17 and 20, I will be left with DH and our sons aged 4 and 5. I swear he will come home from work one day and find them playing with my dead body. I will be stuck in testosterone hell!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I go throught days of "you are all coming home and helping" to "ahhh, the heck with it....I'm sick of this sh#$!" and do it myself. I can't keep the place as I did when I had only one child and I just think if they're coming to see my home then maybe they should leave.....unless they've come to help, which I haven't had one person ever come and say "wow you have alot to do...let me help you get your home clean" but I have had people say "I don't know how you do it? I couldn't....." wth...thanks for letting me bitch!!
    Lanakynd

Answer by Lanakynd at 11:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Try doing that with a hubby and 3 kids. I feel your pain. No one cleans up after themselves. I am on my 5 or 6 load of laundry for the day. 4th bed to make. My little ones are getting bigger and more helpful but some mornings it feels overwhelming. Then all of this in the process of packing up your house. My hubby has not even opened a box to begin filling it. My kids have however packed the dog so I guess that they tried to help. Just another day.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree...Men and Boys are SLOBS. I can't understand how they can be so nasty and messy and not want to clean up after themselves. It gets on my last nerve. I actually wash the dishes on a daily basis just to keep up with them so that they don't get stacked to the ceiling. Cause if i don't...They won't!......And i literally do the dishes, on the weekends, like....3 or 4 times a day.....That's ridiculous...Oh, and let's not forget the damn LAUNDRY....Those two would rather wear dirty clothes than to get off their butts and do them...THEMSELVES...lol..........Thanks for the ?.......What a great good morning VENT!.............Ha Ha!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• vent away! I feel the same... I'm so sick of the never ending need to clean up after everyone.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• bump and happy ranting lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Im an at home mom with three kids and a hubby and sometimes it feels like all i ever do is clean. im pooped at the end of the day. I sometimes feel like i follow everyone around with a broom and a dustpan. It feels like nothing is ever clean even though I just cleaned it.
    Motherof3ADH

Answer by Motherof3ADH at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You're welcome! Somehow it makes it easier to get up and clean a bit more when you've had a chance to growl and fuss over it all for a few minutes. : )
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010