Your daughter becomes pregnant. Do you encourage her to keep the child, abort, put up for adoption? Remember she is Unwed and Still in High School...

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would hope she would keep it. I would help her with the baby until she graduated HS. It doesnt matter to me tht she is unwed. If she decides on adoption I would really hate that, but its her decision, same for the abortion.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I encourage her to think thru the decision. I also think their is a big difference between freshmen and seniors. I hope I never have to go thru this!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do not encourage her to do anything. It is her body, her potential child, and her life. I support her in any decision she decides to make.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would encourage her to make a decision that would be good for her no matter what that decision might be. No matter what choice she makes she needs to know that her parents are behind her and will support that decision with out guilt being associated with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Honestly.. I would encourage her to keep the baby. She would have plenty of support and help.. I got pregnant in high school and kept my child.. and now I have two more! =).. I love them very much & wouldn't change a thing!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think they should keep the baby if she is old enough to have sex then she should take the consequences honestly. I would help her though, but only while she was at school or work I would also be talking to her about getting a job. I don't delive in abortion so that would be out for us. Adotion if that is what she wanted I wouldn't know until it happened cause honestly even though I wouldn't want to see my teenager tied down to a baby I couldn't see her giving that baby up for adotion either. So I would probably try talking to her about it and see what she would say. I couldn't live knowing someone else had my grandchild. All babies come from god and even though it was unplanned their is a reason god gave her that baby.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I let my daughter make her own decision, and offer to help her raise the baby if she is going to keep it until she get be on her own.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would let my daughter know that she would have my unconditional love and support and that really it was her decision.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Abortion would not be an option in my mind....she willingly had sex and a baby resulted, so now she needs to deal with the consequences. I don't know if I would be happy with adoption...knowing a member of my family is out there, I think would kill me. But she would have the option to either keep the baby or adoption. As her mother, I would be there for her and support her and help her and love her, but the baby would be her's so I would not be the primary caregiver.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think I would tell her the same thing my mom told me. Abortion, Adoption or she moves out. Teen pregnancy is NOT accepted in my family. And I will let my daughter know FAR IN ADVANCE that this is how the situation would be treated. I would rather take her to get BC when she starts having sex. I will not allow it in my home... Being a teen mom is the new "cool thing" to do... well not for my daughter. Its not going to happen. IMO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010