Should 9/11 Become a National Holiday? P.S. I hate the term ''Holiday'' for something like this, but you get the idea about the question...

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes 100%. People need to remember these acts of terror, they so easily forget.

Also, honor those who were lost, not in just 9/11 but ALL the tramatic instances...honor the heros too that losed their lives.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, we don't have one for Pearl Harbor.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. Memorial Day is already the holiday dedicated to the memory of those we have lost. I don't think it's necessary to make 9/11 a holiday.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, I think it should be a holiday (and I hate that word for the day as well.) For the record I think there should also be a day of remembrance for Pearl Harbor. We forget our history too easily.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• IMO..Yes, i think it should be a day of mourning and remembering the ones we lost to this BS terrorism crap. Nobody should have to die because someone in another country decides that they hate us because we choose to be a FREE country?....WTF!.......How do you kill someone because they choose to be FREE and without HATE?......I better stop now...I'll get on a roll......
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. Memorial Day is already the holiday dedicated to the memory of those we have lost
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It should be a day of memorial, just like D Day.. Which IS December 6th.. Doesn't mean we need a holiday or day off. Just a day to preserve in history as the moment our nation was attacked and we were forever changed in the type of war and enemy who were out to hurt us. No longer a focus on nations as the enemy.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It is, just not a federal one. it is Patriots Day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, not unless they acknowledge D day too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think our kids miss enough school!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010