Do you eat something that isn't instant for breakfast?

Cereal, instant oatmeal, pop tarts, etc... all instant foods. What do you eat for breakfast that isn't already (mostly) prepared?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 11:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I had milk with an apple that I dipped in caramel dip and then pecans. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I had milk in my coffee.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have old fashioned oats topped with raisins & cinnamon. I also like omelets for breakfast, sometimes even a quiche. Smoothies are one that the kids enjoy; they make them all by themselves with plain yogurt and frozen fruits with a touch of water or milk to thin them down.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We had scrambled eggs with ham and peppers that hubby made this morning.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't eat breakfast unless I have to take meds which make me sick without food. I cook breakfast 6 days out of seven for my family. Everything from an omlette, french toast, muffins, fried egg sandwiches, smoothies, biscuits, pancakes, hot cereals (not instant), etc. Throw in some fresh fruit & they're good to go.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I made scrambled eggs and bisquits today and tomorrow I will cook again, I always make the kids a good breakfast and nibble as I go along
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I made breakfast burritoes this morning. Eggs, onions, gren and red bell peppers and some pork sausage. I try to keep chopped onion and peppers in my fridge all the time for easy quick meals. The kids had Kefir milk, DH had coffee I had water.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I never eat anything "instant" . Even when I was working and had to rush around to get ready and catch the bus,I made slow-cooked Old fashioned oatmeal or a soft boiled egg on wheat toast,etc. for breakfast. DOn't make instant anything for lunch or dinner either. There is toxic crap in easy instant food.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I never make instant breakfast. There would be cereals I allowed but my son does not like cereal. I guess I prepare food ahead of time so it is instant....I make whole grain healthy waffles and freeze them for the toaster. I hard boil eggs and keep them in the fridge. I chop veggies and freeze them in small packages to throw in omelettes. We do eggs alot (my sons favorite) and smoothies.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't make "instant" food. If I'm going to eat 'breakfast-y' foods, I like eggs or breakfast wraps & sandwiches, some of which I've been known to freeze for later use, so I guess you might consider the sandwiches to be an instant breakfast. I also like hot cereals, but the slow cooked kind with real fruit & spices. Mostly for breakfast I eat leftovers from dinner the night before.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010