What would you do if people kept parking on your pavement for quick minutes?

me........i finally had to go to home depot and place planters because if you tell this person today it is someone different tomorrow.

Inheritingkids

Asked by Inheritingkids at 11:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would put no parking signs up, as well. Call your local parking enforcement and ask what your options are. Our garage is in an alley, and people don't realize that if they park even across from our garage, we can't get in or out. It probably looks to them like we'd have room to get in or out, but we don't. They also don't seem to care how frustrating it can be even if they're only there for a few minutes. When it happens constantly it can be very inconvenient. They don't want to be inconvenienced by parking legally and having to walk a little further, so they are selfish and inconvenience other people who are parked legally .

It's very difficult to control, because they leave before parking enforcement can come out, but we asked for extra patrol in our alley & parking enforcement has given tickets and told people to move their vehicles even if they are only going to be there for a few minutes.

Good luck, I feel your pain
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't like it when people park in front of my house with two of their tires on my lawn, that I spent $98 to reseed, to go to the game down the street. I turned on the sprinkler one time. Their windows were down.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd put out a spike strip like the cops use. Nobody would park there again for sure! (just kidding...really..but it's still a neat idea if it would work lol)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If i had pavement.....it would probably tick me off. And i'd probably "accidentally" drop a box of nails there. But i dont have pavement, or people that park within a mile of my house for any reason. :D
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Parking on pavement for quick minutes?? Don't understand what you mean by this?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• why is it a problem? does it block you from getting in or out?
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If it is in harms way yes.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I will only be here for a quick minute is what they say but the problem is when they park there its blocking my step and another reason is the possible chipping of the sidewalk that will be my responsibility to fix
    Inheritingkids

Comment by Inheritingkids (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• twinsplusmore, whos asking about a grassy ditch? I'm confused. I was reffering to my front lawn on a private street and it is not a utility easment, mine is behind my house.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks all really good comments as well as funny(lisa89)
    Inheritingkids

Comment by Inheritingkids (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010