Omens? About Birds...

Is there, or could there be any meaning to birds flying in to a window? (besides the fact that their brains are teny tiny)

I live in a big brown house, I've lived here for years, and I grew up here... Until a few weeks ago, I have never seen a bird do this, now, it's happened 6 or 7 times... The house used to be surrounded by trees, and thus, birds, but it never happened then... Now, all the trees have been removed except for one (which is dying and will be cut down soon)... So there aren't so many birds at this point, but NOW, this is happening... It's like they are aiming for the house - specifically the ONE window...

Help me out here, I'm not an expert on this stuff... I just know I'm tired of cleaning my window!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have always gone by the superstition that birds who fly into windows or near windows and even into windows means DEATH. That, of course being an "Old wives tell"...But, i personally see it as ..Bad Luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I saw a documentary about this. Did you recently clean your windows? Or maybe now that the trees are gone, the light can shine more directly onto the windows causing a mirror like effect, which makes the birds think they are just flying into the sky (the reflection) when there is actually a window there.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I too have heard that it means death. Really, I'm not sure why they do it, but I would be freaking out a little I think. Out of curiosity, what room is it that they keep flying too?

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've always thought "Death" too, but so far, besides a few stink bugs, no one has died or even gotten sick...

And no, I haven't cleaned my windows, the trees have been gone for years now... My point about the trees was simply that they didn't do this when there were more birds, it's only been a few weeks now that this started.

It's one of my bedroom windows it keeps happening too, there is another window maybe 10ft over in the living room, and they haven't flown in to that one yet...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You know, I have been having some "paranormal" issues in the house lately, but that's common this time of year. Could it all be connected?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well recently I have had birds actually coming into my house and just walking around in here. Never ever had that happen before. But many people have told me it's a sign of good things to come. I do believe that birds can be spirit messengers. But in your case it may just be that they were used to the trees and are not realizing the window is there and so are flying into it. You can get stickers to put in your windows so birds don't crash into it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• These omens were established by the ancient Romans diviners. Birds seen on your left, especially dark birds, indicate bad luck. Birds on the right are, however, a fortunate sign. Birds flying from the left-hand side to the right are fortunate, while birds flying from right to left across the observer�s path are an omen of ill luck. If the birds fly straight towards you, they will bring good luck to you, but if they�re flying away from you, they will take happiness with them!
    It�s interesting to note that the height at which the birds are flying affect the omen positively. Also, if the bird sings or utters as it flies, it means there is still hope. However if the bird heard was a raven, a rook, a crow or any bird of prey, then this is definitely bad omen.
    If a bird suddenly changes the course of its flight, the observer should be on his/her guard for an enemy will attack soon.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Wait a minute, haven't you had paranormal issues before? Wasn't it something to do with a wolf or something? Sorry, my brain is fired tonight, so if I am wrong, feel free to correct me? Do you think it could maybe be the same entity?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• This is completely different from my wolf man issue, he's still here... I still see him in fact. But this kind of thing tends to happen to me a lot! I have the ability to see things most people can't and I get visions, so the paranormal tends to reach out to me... Also, in this area, it's very common. I have yet to meet anyone who hasn't had at least a few experiences after living here for a little while. Because of where we are, energy tends to get trapped easily and this entire area has been inhabited for literally 5 or 6 centuries... Or more... So there is a lot of long term energy to get trapped. But the birds thing is new to me... Because of my "abilities" I do my best not to look for "signs" because I know if I do I'll start to see them everywhere... Which is why this bird issue isn't something I have lots of experience with...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think your paranormal activity and the birds are connected. This is about the time of year that there is more paranormal activity and the birds start migration.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010