when did your hair go gray?

my hair started going gray at 19.
My grandfather is part native american and he has silver hair.
I have to dye my hair every 8 weeks and leave the color on longer because of it.
So when did you start dying your hair?
by the way i'm only 21 and over 25% of my hair is naturally gray.

ilovemylilymae

Asked by ilovemylilymae at 1:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know how much of me is naturally gray, I know about a year ago, I started sprouting random gray hairs at the crown. I either pull them out, or dye my hair my natural color. I'm 25.
    sugarmama01

Answer by sugarmama01 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• the only reason i know about how many grays i have is i never dyed my hair when i was preggo and it looked horrible lol.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 3:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My dad was a full headed white gray at the age of 16, Im 34 and im just getting a few strands here and there. Im a stylist and I notice people seem to gray alot faster and at younger ages these days.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 6:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• :)
    I heard that turning gray is a copper deficiency. Some radio guy said he has research to prove it? He says that our veggies and fruit aren't as nourishing ,as the land has been regressing over the years? I don't know ,might be true. Could be genetic... or the area that we live in ...or the way our family tree has trailed the land? What do you think? Is he right?
    Smiles! :)
    laurasmiles

Answer by laurasmiles at 7:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I noticed my first gray hair at 17, now i'm 75% gray... for those of you with lots of gray that still choose to color you can add a special thing to your color to make it "stick" to those resistant gray hairs. Also using a higher volume developer, like I use a 40 even if it says to use 10, otherwise I would be coloring every 3 weeks. laurasmiles, i saw a nutritionist years ago and we tried so many things to reverse or stop my gray hair... maybe for some it's a deficiency, i think for those of us with genetic or ethnic backgrounds, there is no stopping those full heads of lovely silver hair! JMO! :)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My mom started turning gray at 17 (slowly) and I noticed my first white hair at probably the same age. I'm 27 now and I probably have 30 white hairs. They're never gray--they're snow white!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I am 49 years old and my hair has some gray, but it is more like highlights. I haven't taken the plunge to color yet.
    earthpig

Answer by earthpig at 3:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Do u have a 10 yera old boy that cries about everything?
    Chassidy124

Answer by Chassidy124 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I found my first gray hair the week I found out I was pregnant with my first. I was 24. I'm not sure what % gray I am now. I know there's a lot..... I do my roots every 4 - 6 weeks.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• :)
    Hello again,
    After I wrote my idea of wonder....I did some research....Look up,.....Colloidal Copper.
    It was very interesting.
    Smiles, :)
    laurasmiles

Answer by laurasmiles at 10:38 PM on Oct. 25, 2008