Do you carve pumpkins every year?

I've carved pumkins every year since I was able to dig guts out of a pumkin. lol. I'm continuing this family tradition with my family and plan a get-together every year for family and friends to get together and carve together. I love it! It's so much fun and visiting with family and friends is special. How many of you do this or another family tradition this time of year?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• We sure do! And the ones who are not old enough to carve, they get to paint pumpkins! We always have a blast doing it, and make it a special night for everyone!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes! i love carving pumpkins with the kids, well i usually just watch and take pictures and hubby gets dirty and carves with them :P lol! the first couple years we were together before we had our 1st dd we used to invite over his little sisters and my little sister and carve pumpkins with them :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• pumpkins seeds i love them roasted we do them every year..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes! My boys are adults now, and they still carve pumpkins with us! It's kind of a big deal for us as well.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes! It's a family day for us.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I give my kids Sharpie markers and they make "art" on them. Maybe we'll carve some when they're a little older.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, we carve them every year - at least one. We also paint them and decorate them with all kinds of crafty things. When we go to the pumpkin patch we always end up with several for each girl and then a ton that I just have to have too. We are a pumpkin loving family. lol
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes, we now have the grands come over to our home - hub does most of the carving - sometimes grands just paint faces on pumpkins - we pretty much leave it up to them - whatever they want to do - last year we baked the seeds and made our own pumpkin seeds - messy, but allot of fun ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have for the past two years. My parents never did anything like that with me, but I started doing it when I met my husband. My daughter will hopefully be able to join in this year and help. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• pumpkins**
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010