Does anyone else have a Mother that complains constantly & stresses you out??

I love my Mom to pieces but she is driving me crazy. Everytime I call just to just chat lately she has done nothing but constantly non-stop complain about my Dad. He has breathing problems but will NOT stop smoking and is constantly getting sick and rushed to the ER. She will not drive and cannot entertain herself and relies on everyone else for rides and to make arrangements for outings, holidays etc. I know that this is stressful (it is for me too). When I get off the phone with her, I am shot for the day. My blood pressure rises and I feel my heart beating in my neck, she frazzles me. I have my own stresses & a child to take care of & work but don't vent on her every day. Today I could not take it anymore & I said "Mom, enough! You are totally stressing me out everyday with this!!" & she hung up on me. WTH am I supposed to do?? I cannot take the never ending complaining!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My mom isn't like that by my mother in law is. There are a lot of times when I just don't answer the phone if I see it's her calling. She's so negative and stressful and in her case it's her complaining about things that are none of her business. It sounds like your mom needs to be able to vent, but it shouldn't be at you all the time. Maybe she could find a support group or something. Good luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• That sounds like my grandmother. My mom is the sweetest and has not irritated me in the slightest way since I was 16. It probably helps that I live 900 miles away. My mother only talks to her own mother rarely because of the complaining and whining.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010