How to break up with a Narcissist?

How do you break up with a Narcissist and get them out of your life...FOREVER?

He's not violent or abusive. Just egocentric, self centered and thinks he's always right. Not to mention...Non communicative, and unwilling to compromise...on ANYTHING!!....I'm Aquarius and He's Taurus.....This MAN drives me NUTS!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• He sounds pretty easy to break up with. No one needs someone like that in their lives. Just tell him he needs to find someone who thinks he's as awesome as he does and unfortunately, that's not you.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would say tell him you are done! Then don't take phone calls, or return texts or calls. He will get the picture.
    The truth is, you are never going to get him to see he was wrong in any way, so don't try! People who know you will know the truth!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• just tell him you dont think your lives are headed in the same direction and dont talk to him any more
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 12:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't know what to tell you on the zodiac thing, but simply let him know, "this relationship is not headed in the direction that I hoped it would. We are on differect paths, andit would be better for both of us if we let this go." Somethign to that effect. And if he presses for details, be frank, honest and respectful.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 12:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My DH is a Taurus and sounds about the same. Although, life is much better then two incomes and we don't actually fight...so stay together we will.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just cut all ties and don't look back.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Simply end it. Why would you invest time and energy into giving some long explanation that won't be accepted by a person with narcissistic tendencies? After all, he thinks he's great - so it is a given that any reason you could possibly give would be invalid. Right? Briefly tell him that you find the relationship unsatisfying and move on.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just be blunt - tell him you're done with this relationship and take care.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Never call him again... just end it and move on. Acknowledging him gives him power... don't give him power
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010