A Good Idea?

"As of January, being caught with an ounce or less of pot will result in a $100 fine and no jail time, thanks to a bill signed last week by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Most Californians have been mellowly rejoicing."

This means they are decriminalizing it. No longer locking someone up for a joint, etc.. What do you think about this? I personally think it's a great idea. Think of the money saved from all those court cases alone. Cops won't waste their time on someone smoking a 'blunt' they can actually work on catching real criminals, I think all other 49 states should think about adopting this law and atleast testing it out. What about you?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am 100% agreeing on this & i don't even smoke!
    aFUNmommy

Answer by aFUNmommy at 1:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with you. This is an excellent decision. The amount of people and money that go into the penal system is incredible and incomparable to any other developed country. I think this will help a lot.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't agree with smoking pot myself, but that's me. I do agree with this law, however, bc police can stop real criminals instead of spending all their time slapping pot smokers on the hand. They should be able to be out catching criminals who are doing harm to others, not just themselves.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• California in all it's social entitlements, environmental restrictions, and sanctuary cities are BROKE.... Manufacturing isn't profitable in California.. Jobs are gone. Revenue abysmal. Houses are in foreclosure. Jails are over crowded... This almost seems more like a marijuana tax than law enforcement. You couldn't pay me enough to live in California. Luckily my hubby's job could never land us there...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, it's a good idea. It will be legal before you know it anyway.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm ok with it but I think they should make it $500
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well if they legalized it 100%, that would open a whole mess of jobs up. I have my own opinons on why Cali. is broke, but that is for another post..
    I think it's great, and not just because of the $$ in it. It frees up the cops from bs, and stops 'innocent' people from getting charged for just smoking something.. It is NOT addictive physically, only "mentally" but now-a-days, even shopping and texting can be deemed as "addictive" sooo...
    Ciggerates are PROVEN to be addictive and DEADLY, yet the remain very much legal.
    It would give one less thing for drug dealers to push in our neighborhoods (if it were comp. legalized.)
    From my experiences as a teenager, I would MUCH rather be around a group of 'stoned' people vs. drunk anyday!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Can I ask what your husband does?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Comment by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't think there should be a fine, I think it should be regulated like alcohol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He's in the Air Force.. He is to the level in the military where The AF bases in California are not is his career field... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010