Jealousy at church?

A while back I complimented a piano player at my church,I said I really love hearing you play the piano,first I told his wife and then I saw him unexpectedly and told him.Well the other Sunday I sat behind them in the pew and when she saw me she got scared and started putting her arm around him and kissing him.She kept turning her head to look back at me,since I was leaning forward from a back ache maybe it seemed strange to her why I was doing that.She wasn't turning her head completely around kinda like looking back but not all the way.She may of been looking at other people.She adores her husband at church Bible studies she wears a t-shirt that says 'my husband rocks!'Yesterday she went back to her old seating where she usually sits.Before her husband went off stage he stared at me and then walked down the aisle or he was staring at somebody else but it was odd.I think he was communicating to me,I'm taken.I'm hurt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that's just sad, and stupid! since when did complimenting someone turn into you trying to take her man away? talk about insecure! i would just try to avoid them in church, maybe leave it alone for a few weeks so they don't feel "threatened" by you anymore?
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like his wife has some deep seated self esteem and jealousy issues. He probably was proud of the compliment and told his wife and she saw it a a threat. I would just stear clear of them for awhile. Are you single? Some women are scared of single woman complimenting their husbands.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Honestly it sounds like you may be reading way to much in to something.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think you are making too much of this. Just be yourself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010