What are some high fat/calorie foods?

I need to gain weight... what are some high fat/calorie foods that won't cost me a fortune to buy/eat? :)

Gremlyn1980

Asked by Gremlyn1980 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

I think this is what you need?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You do know we all hate you, right? LOL!
    Well, anything fried, but that's not too healthy. Cheesy, creamy dishes are usually high calorie. You can gain weight and eat healthy with high fat fishes like salmon or tuna. Pasta with cheese sauce, you can even use whole wheat for some healthy fiber. If you eat salads, don't be cheap with the dressing. I would suggest Cesar salad, oh so yummy but oh so fattening.
    Sandwiches and paninis are a good way to gain weight without it being fatty and unhealthy. Fill them with yummy cheeses, ham, bacon, veggies, mayo-based dressings, etc.
    And enjoy dessert! If you can get away with having a brownie, cheesecake or ice cream, take advantage of that without overdoing it.
    You could also try a protein supplement to increase healthy weight. Oh! and exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat, so by building muscle you gain healthy weight.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Avacodoes, bananas, cereals, butter, yogurt, peanut butter
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• BTW does anyone know where I can find a calculation of what I need to gain? Like protein, carbs, etc? I'm 5'2 and weigh 90lbs. I eat but apparently not enough!
    Gremlyn1980

Comment by Gremlyn1980 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• cheese, meats- ham, sandwich meats, some pork, peautbutter, butter, ice-cream. Most processed foods are high in fat but very unhealthy so I'd try to stay away from them as much as possible.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ooo, it is, Kword... thanks!! :D
    Gremlyn1980

Comment by Gremlyn1980 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You are welcome. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Don't forget any kinds of nuts. Boy, I wish I still had that problem (of needing to gain weight).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• LOL@Momto2boys973... you hate me now, but if you were in my place, trust me.. it sucks to be on this end of it. :( It's embarassing as hell.
    Gremlyn1980

Comment by Gremlyn1980 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• peanut butter and nuts are high in fat but they are high in "B" vitamens which means they are going to burn more calories
    you want carbs, you want ice cream and Little Debbie snack cakes, eat mac-n-cheese and rice to your hearts content but you really should stay away from foods that help in weight loss, anything with "B" vitamens for one and foods so low in calories that you burn energy just buy chewing like celery and asparagus.
    Go to Google and enter words like how to pack on the pounds or how to gain weight and build muscle, muscle weighs alot to so why not build it up
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010