i am a single mom and i am in a situation and i need help with childcare and keeping a job. is it even possible for it to happen?

i have an ex boyfriend who is trying to get custody of my youngest daughter. i have had 2 jobs since i left him but i wasnt able to keep them, because of child care issues. and i dont drive and i know that doesnt help at all. but i am trying to get this all worked out for me and my 2 daughters. i want them to have a life and i want them to be happy. but i dont want to be constantly looking over my shoulder for him to do something or to take her and run. i just want to be able to survive on my own.

carysabby27

Asked by carysabby27 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Where I live we actually have some businesses that have on site daycare. I would check at your local job services offices and see if they can help you.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Ditto to pupmom. Check with your local works department. Also...have you ever considered getting on Medicaid/Food Stamps/Cash Assistance? I'm not sure where you live but I know where I live when you are on those services they help you with childcare and finding work...along with many other useful things!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• have you called you Family Connections office or Department of human services (welfare office) i am a childcare provider and a lot of the children i watch are referred from those places and the state helps pay for childcare, but you have to apply. here they also offer free rides to work for those that need assistance.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• he cant get them if their in childcare if hes not listed as someone able to pick them up
    Anonymous

• PA Dept of public Welfare website has the information for low cost daycare and many other assistance programs available , if you qualify :

http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/ServicesPrograms/ChildCareEarlyEd/003670906.htm
    Anonymous

• I only pay $35 a week because this program pays the other portion of the $150. You just need to verify your income. I live in florida so i found the information on their site. Where do you live?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008