Can you always notice is you having twins in a ultrasound or do to how big is your belly?

Am 6 months pregnant am my belly is enormous people tell me it looks like am having twins but in the ultrasounds it just shows one baby .

EvaMaria18

Asked by EvaMaria18 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The ultrasound would more than likely be able to show more than one baby, especially at 6 months. You are probably just carrying big.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 7:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I have heard many stories of a twin not showing up in an ultrasound. I would look at other twin symptoms and talk to your doctor if you are having them.
    Saria87

Answer by Saria87 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I started showing as soon as I peed on the stick with my youngest. Everyone made twin comments, but there was only one heartbeat, and one baby on the ultrasound, and I have ONE very healthy chubber sleeping in his crib. I only gained 30lb with him, but it was ALL belly. The ultrasounds are usually right, but not always. Still, by 6 months, I'm sure the doctors could tell. I'd probably get another ultrasound to be sure. Actually, I did... I paid out of pocket for the second one.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Twins are most often identified by U/S so if you were having one they would have found it at your anatomy U/S. People always want to say you're carrying big, and there must be more in there. When I was having my singletons it was "you sure there's just one???" and now that I am having twins I'm getting "there's a third it's just hiding!!!" it just comes with the territory.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 2:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2008