Do any of you mommas regret anything?

I know the most of us say we live with no regrets but is that in all honesty true? I know one thing I regret is getting my tubes tied at 21, I had my daughter and my son both by the time i was 16 and had no patience and convinced myself I would never want to have kids again cause i had my boy and i had my girl but now I am in a relationship (i am 26 now) with the most amazing man and I just wish I would of never gotten my tubes tied so we could have a baby of our own. I had the lazer removal done where they don't just tie them they burn the ends off. Oh well we live and learn

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• i regret dropping out of college when my 2nd dd was born... it was hard enough going to school full-time with ONE kid that i figured it'd be almost impossible with 2, especially since my parents moved 4hours away soon after she was born :( But now that she's 3.5 and in school 1/2 days and my ds is almost out of diapers i really wish i had finished school cause its gonna be even harder to go back, kwim? you're right though, live and learn :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I can honestly say, I have no regrets. Are there things I would do a little differently? Sure... But honestly, nothing I regret. I love where I am today and simply wouldn't want anything big to change. At most, I wouldn't have cut my hair before I had my youngest, but that's as close to regrets as I get...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I wish that I had been able to relax a little more as a mom. I adore all three of my boys, and I'm afraid that I'm paranoid about everything. I don't know how to change that, but I know that makes me overprotective....and they are 18, 21 & 28...oldest on his own.

I also wish I had finished school. I finally went to college in my early 20's, but I didn't have child care, and couldn't afford to pay for child care and school while I was a single mom. (just had 1 then) I don't know how I would have done it, there was also a lot of guilt involved with leaving my son in child care all day while I worked, and then again every evening while I went to school.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I regret dropping out of High School to get married ( I don't regret getting married just not finishing school) at 16, because that only lasted a year and now I can't get a job since I don't have any high school education. I want to get my GED but don't have the money or time since I have 3 kids to take care of now.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i regret letting some of my friends go for stupid reasons and i regret how i treat my baby daddy sometimes! its hard to not snap when im so moody from my b.c.
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You can always adopt. Have a seraget (sp?), or something of that nature. There's never and end to having children, even if you can't biologically anymore.

I regret a few things from my past. Basically the way I conducted myself most of my teen years. I was a good kid, didn't get into any trouble, but I still didn't push myself into a really fulfilling life at that age. I am fulfilled right now as far as family and what-not goes, but nothing much else outside of that satisfies me. Therefore, I still have time to right the ship, even if I do wish I had done it years and years ago.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The only thing I regret in my life is taking up smoking when I was a teenager. I still suffer health consequences from it and the urge to smoke is still something I have to battle when I am stressed. I don't really have any regrets about most of my decisions in life because they brought me where I am today, but I can not see how one single thing would have been different had I not started smoking except my health would be better.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010