What is your opinion???

What is your opinion/outlook on interracial dating? Don't bite your tongue speak how you truly feel. I am in a interracial relationship but it seems there is still more than a handful of people who just can't stand to see us together...no offense to anyone what so ever but it's mainly the white men and black women who turn there nose up at us. I am Italian and he is 1/2 Black & Indian they just had the Oklahoma Stare Fair here (we live OKC, OK) and OMG we got more looks than you could imagine! I think it is just ridiculous, I can understand the elderly not caring too much for it lol but wow people our age I mean come on what's the big deal! If you don't like it look the other way!

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think who others love is none of my business
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i think love is blind :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I live in Oklahoma and go to okc to shop ect and I have seen alot of diversity when I am there and couples who are of diffrent ethnicity. Im sorry you experienced that. When I see it I dont stare or even have a problem with it. My close cousin is white and her childrens fathers 3 of them have all been black. The kids are just beautiful.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It's honestly surprising to me that this is even a consideration in 2010. Really?? With all that is going on in the world, you would think people would have more to worry about than their own stupid prejudices. I think any time someone finds love, it's a good thing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh and one more thing while I'm on this subject. I am seven different nationalities, even though they are all white skinned. How is that any different? Aren't we all mutts in some way?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Date whoever makes you happy. Whoever treats you right. Whoever is truely best for you.
    It doesn't matter their race, their religion, or their financial status .. It only matters about who they are.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i dont think its any ones business.if 2 people are in love then they should be happy no matter what people think.my parents didnt always agree on my bf's but they respected them
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i agree with you - it IS mainly the black man and the white woman that turn the most heads - i used to live in germany in the late 50's and it was a common thing to see over there - the german girls always dated the U.S. GI's and mostly the black ones - so i got used to it while i was in my teens - i see nothing wrong with any person of any race dating any other person of another race or creed - and the sooner we all feel that way, the better off we will all be - good luck to you and try to ignore all those ignorant people out there who stare at you - stare them down, i say - no, i changed my mind - don't bring yourselves down to their level - you guys take the higher road ....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am not against it but when I see a white woman with a black man or a black woman with a white man it does get my attention. I think the reason it does is just because it's something I do not see on a regular basis! I truly feel to each her/his own! Just be happy and never mind what others think!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My first marriage was interracial and I was really surprised and shocked at how much racism we encountered. I had thought that we had come further than that as a country, but there is still something about a mixed couple that will bring out people's true feelings about race and often they are ugly.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010