Does zumba really work if you wanna lose weight ?

im currently weighing at 130 i wanna get down to 120 but i wanna shed this lose skin i have on my stomach would zumba work ?

sexigurl09

Asked by sexigurl09 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am wondering the same thing.
    hjpmommy

Answer by hjpmommy at 12:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'll tell you this. Zumba burns up to 500-600 cals a class. It'll at least gt your heart rate up, get you active, and help you jumpstart your metabolism.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 12:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well i workout on my own i just wanna get rid of the extra loose skin i have left on my stomach and i was just wondering if zumba would work for that ..
    sexigurl09

Comment by sexigurl09 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You 'wanna' ?
    Anonymous

• Pilates would make your midsection and back stronger and leaner.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yeah
    kate40089

Answer by kate40089 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just started zumba and just got home from my 4th class and i've been working out and doing abs and whatnot but today my abs were actually "cramping" from using them so much in this class and I've never felt that before just the usual " muscle burn" so thats all I can tell ya but the class is loads of fun and can't hurt lol The instructor said its great for abs and losing weight because ur heartrate is constantly accelerating and decelerating with the class. (the classes are purposely made for your HR to go up and down)
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• zumba works if you dance your heart out!!! If you are just moving your hips from side to side. it is a waste of time.
    It is basically aerobics with latin rhytms...:-)
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 9:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010