Kidneys?

I don't know if this has to do with my kidneys or not but every once in awhile my back will ache really bad. It'll hurt so bad that all I can do is lay down & not move. I have to almost beg my fiance not to touch or move me. It hurts right where my kidneys are but if I stay perfectly still sitting or laying down for 10 to 15 minutes it stops. I've had this happen for years & it'll just happen out of nowhere. I know I should go to the doctor to get it checked out but I don't know if they could do anything since it goes away & happens so randomly. Has anyone had this problem or know what it is?

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 2:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• You can always describe it to the doctor. The fact that it comes and goes is a clue. I'd keep a diary for a month or two: jot down what you eat, drink, if your sleep was broken or disrupted for anything, what meds you took, what sort of exercises you did, where you are in your cycle... pretty much anything that could affect your body. After you've had another episode or two, take your diary and go see a doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have the same problem...mine has only bothered me since becoming pregnant with my son. I had kidney stones real bad though. But my kidneys still hurt. And I have no clue why
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 2:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008