what should i do ?

i have two boys, 3 and 2. when we started potty training the three year old the two year old was all for it and was actually doing better than the older one, but once the three year old got fully potty trained, now the two year old has no interest to go to the bathroom.

mmy0f2

Asked by mmy0f2 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if i were you i'd probably wait a little longer til the 2 year old shows signs of readiness. he probably just wanted to copy big brother, and i will probably have the same issue when my girls are 3 and 2. if you think he is ready though then keep trying but dont push him. good luck and congrats on the oldest being trained! it's such a great milestone and a big break for mommy!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Try to encourage him and if he still has no interest then just hold off for a little while.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• encouragement. make a big deal out of it if it was just copying big brother. ask him if he wants to be like big brother and go on the potty. maybe you praised him really well beause he was doing better and he's not getting that same feeling because big brother has accomplished it.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 2:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son was good at going to the potty at 1 but didn't really understand the WHOLE concept of it, so we quite. I tried again at 1 1/2 and nothing. Now he is 2 and he is going all the time. Even though he could go at one I still think his mind process wasn't getting it. I did give him bribes like candy (sometimes, but then I brushed his teeth), washing his hands ( that was his favorite), and watching an episode of elmo.
    USAF_Beasley07

Answer by USAF_Beasley07 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010