I just got diagnosed with PCOS, and she asked if adult content

we were trying for a baby, or if I just wanted to have a period (cause i havent for 2 over years) and I told her just a period. Well my husband and I decided we do want another baby. (lol) My mom had the same thing wrong with her after I was born & when she had my sister, it all went away & everything went back to normal for her. But, we dont want another only for that reason. My doc said if things get to bad I may have to have a hysterectomy, which I was bummed about cause I want at least one more child. anyways, she mentioned something about fertility drugs that woud help me get pregnant if i wanted another now. (and theyre covered by my insurance) Ive already started the BC pills she prescribed me, but im going to talk to her about it thursday. Has anyone ever been perscribed fertility pills? Is it like the same thing as fertility treatment, (as in increases your chances on multiples, ect.?) Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Fertility Pills are not like fertility treatments. The ones most often used just help you ovulate and yes they do increase your chance of multiples as they can increase the number of eggs that drop during ovulation. (I took them when trying for our daughter inspite of the extreme increased risk for me as I already had fraternal twins.)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The PP is correct. There is a good PCOS group on here. you should join and check it out.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes i took clomid and got pregnant both times
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have PCOS. My dr has never said I would have to have a hysterectomy and I've never heard of anyone with PCOS having to do that as a treatment. I was on clomid until my ectopic pregnancy and will start on clomid again in a few months. My dr said there is a 5-12% chance of twins.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I took it - doctor didn't say that there would be an increase of a chance of hysterectomy. May want to get another doctor's opinion.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010