Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can i get my baby girl on her fathers insurace..He is in the navy and it was court ordered along with the child support. Im getting the child support but he had yet to put her on his health insurace and it has been orderd since May. How do i go about getting intouch with his CO or someone in the navy?

Answer Question

Asked by jaydensnissasma at 12:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 4 (28 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Okay you should contact the jag office that is located at his base. Tell them your story they will give you advice and may even help you contact his 1st sgt. Also call your child support enforcement office and tell them he still hasnt gotten the child on his policy. I know some states work hard to enforce that. If you dont know the number to his base you can google it and they should have an information number. Once his co hears that you have a court order they will make him get it fixed.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • I would suggest calling up his CO. Letting them know the situation and see if there's anything they can do. More times then most they do help out the family.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • You can look up the number on the base number directory. If you cant find the right number you can either call the information number or the number for jag and they should be able to get you all the information that you need. Hope everything works out! Good luck.

    Answer by Shelii at 12:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • i have the base operators number for his base and then do i just have give me the number to jag or have them transfer me?

    Comment by jaydensnissasma (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • Why not use your CS check and get insurance.. or get a job and pay for some things.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • i have a job dumb twat i work 50 hrs a week. it is his obligation to support his daughter oe of the ways he should support his daughter is to provide health insurance. which he gets anyway from the goverment since he is in the military.

    Comment by jaydensnissasma (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • I'd call the base quarter deck and tell them which command he's in and have them connect me or give me the number. You need to talk to his chain of command and JAG.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • well , you need to contact DEERS! It is teh insurance and ID card people, and then cal tricare, and fax the court order! Tricare is the military health insurance. Once they recieve the court order, they will contact his chain of command, and he will have to add her! GL

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

  • Take copies of your divorce papers where he is ordered to provide medical insurance and send them registered mail to both his CO, JAG and DEERS. Make sure you mail them certified/registered so they can't claim they didn't get them. After that the Navy will make sure he has his daughter on his insurance. Has he made sure she had her military ID so you can get on base for her to see the doctor? You will need that and a Tricare card. Good luck to you.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.