How can i get my son to behave?

hes 2 yrs old alomst 3 and hes constantly cursing, hittin his 3 months old sister, yelling no to me, and never listening. I just want my sweet baby boy back

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 12:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sometimes they go for the negative attention when they don't get enough positive attention. He might need more one on one time with you and DH and positive reinforcement when he does good things. Plus praise when he does things right. You might give him some "jobs" to do to help with the baby because he is a big boy now! Also we found it helpful to take our oldest out ,even if just to McDonald's, and said he was able to go because he was a big boy and babies don't get to do that. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes i try that alot but the thing is he doesnt want to help me he just wants to run around but i will keep tryin i appreciate the advice thank you
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i might be out of line here, but i'm a huge fan of time outs, sticker charts for good behaviour and swats on the rear end.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 2:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• oh i spank him hahaha but im just so ready for him to behave ya know?
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I went through the cursing stage with my youngest and when she would use bad words we would put vinegar on her tongue. I think the vinegar is much safer than soap. It didnt take very many times and she quit using the bad words. for misbehavior we use time out and loss of toys or privileges
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• im gonna try that thank u very much girls!!!!!!!!
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When you find out let us know lol. Toddlers are so difficult and I don't know why. My son is only 21 months but he's always hitting, yelling at the dog, never ever listens to anything, does what he wants, tears up the house. Time outs definitely don't work. I'm just wishing he would turn 5 soon so he can just sit and watch a movie calmly lol
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010