Okay - I am SO EFFIN P!$$ed right now! adult content

I am sick with shingles and MISERABLE not to mention in HORRIBLE pain and my neighbor comes down and asked my girls where I was. I was laying down because the pain was really intense and it helps to lay on that side. I dozed off when she came here. After my kids 8 & 10 yrs old tell her I am sick and resting SHE DUMPS HER 3 YR OLD SON ON THEM AND SAYS "he needs to play" and went upstairs to her house and went to bed! I woke up about 10 minutes later...(a 3 yr old isn't exactly quiet!!) and my kids told me what happened. Mind you she didn't even check on me! My DH got home so I had him take him back upstairs and found her sleeping! He hasn't had chicken pox or the vax for it so he shouldn't be around me with shingles! She's not sick - she's lazy and doesn't want to take care of her son! She does this all the time and I think it is disgusting parenting! UGH!! Sorry, but I want to tell the b!tch off! What would you do?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would call CPS. She needs her kids taken away for good if she pops pills and cant even feed them. Is sad people act like this and dont take care of their kids.
    s_harden

Answer by s_harden at 1:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Really, I think I would have been tempted to call CPS on someone who dropped their preschooler off on my kids. I would make enough stink that she wouldn't think of doing that again!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd call CPS, I don't say that lightly either. Anyone who would dump their kids with other children KNOWING the parent is sick and has something contagious, needs to be reported.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well I'd flip the hell out! I would have went up there myself.. without the child of course.. and gave her a piece of my mind! Then took the child back.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• :( How sad.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd call CPS. If she neglects her kid that way she may be neglecting him in other ways i.e. feeding, bathing,etc. Doesn't hurt to have the situation checked out.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Tell her how sorry you are that you don't have the ability to give her the help she needs. Tell her you are not open to taking on more children than your own, so please don't bring your kids to my house. If she does it anyway, call the law. I wouldn't tell her off. There isn't a point. Just explain what you will (actually will not) do. And then don't. Period. You will not help these children one bit by enabling her, so forget feeling like "but the children need someone..." arguments. I honestly have seen this over and over and over....
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 1:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i would confront her, and tell her that i am calling childrens services IF she contines!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would tell my children not to answer the door and invest in locks my kids can't operate so people aren't being let into my house when I am sick and sleeping.

Shingles are HORRIBLE. My husband had them and I ended up with chicken pox. Your neighbour is an idiot. Talk to your children!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'll be calling CPS right away. She was told you were resting and left a 3 yr old with a 8 and 10 year old. Shows bad parenting right there.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010