Do you have a "toasted skin condition?" Resting your laptop on your lap ...

Laptops lead to 'toasted skin syndrome'
Experts say resting your computer on your lap can cause mottled skin condition
By LINDSEY TANNER
The Associated Press
CHICAGO — Have you ever worked on your laptop computer with it sitting on your lap, heating up your legs? If so, you might want to rethink that habit.

Doing it a lot can lead to "toasted skin syndrome," an unusual-looking mottled skin condition caused by long-term heat exposure, according to medical reports.
Link to full article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39490660/ns/health-more_health_news/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• I can't say that I do. However, I warn my husband that he is going to fry his testicles when he sits like that. Of course he tells me that since he had his vasectomy there's nothing left to fry. Men.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I sit like that sometimes, but I move around so much that my lap really doesn't get hot.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, I always have a lapdesk something between me and the laptop for this exact reason.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i don't sit with the computer on my lap. it scares me! i try to keep the kids and babies away from it too. i don't carry my cell phone in my pockets either.
    i wonder if toasted skin syndrome could lead to skin cancer?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have a Desk that goes on ur lap to hold my laptody an my mouse ( don't like the mouse pad)
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 1:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i don't see anything with my skin and i have my laptop sitting there a lot lol
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have a laptop on my legs for hours almost daily and I have no issues - been doing it for a couple of years now. I'm not worried.
    Anonymous

• I always have mine to the edge of my lap so that way the fan can have some breathing room and my lap stays cooler
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010