Placenta problem....

I'm 18 weeks preggo.... I was spotting blood the other day and having a lot of pressure... so the doc wanted to see me right away.... He concluded that I had lost a piece of the placenta due to my body not producing enough progestrine (can't spell)... and put me on progestrine supplement medicine to heal my placenta and a couple days bed rest. He said I have to take this medicine twice a day for two weeks and that I can't be super physical or have sex... and that the spotting should stop in about a week.... I'm still real nervous about all this. Has this happened to anyone else? Or anything similar? My mind went blank when the doc asked me if I had anymore questions... does anyone have any more information on this which might help me to understand a little more? I can't find anything online. Greatly appreciated.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 2:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• this happened to me 2 days before my do date I started to bleed and had some cramps so I called my doctor he said come in well my Placenta had a hole in it I was so scared so he had to indues me my baby was fine. But if I was you I would take it easy and rest and take the Meds.
    so it can help you dont lift anything just set and be lazy. GOOD LUCK
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• thanks for your answer... I was upset yesterday when I checked and no one answered me yet... I hope everything will be ok becasue I'm only 18 weeks and it's way to early to induce labor for me.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Well I was in the hospital like a month ago for Placentca preva it was a scarey thing at that point I was 32 wks and they talked about doing the c section right away i was terifeied well i was stuck in the hospital for a week and ive been on bed rest since. So ill be praying for you. good luck
    Dorriansmom1984

Answer by Dorriansmom1984 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008