How does one deal with impatience?

Recently put in for a transfer at work and got the position. When I went to my director about a transfer date she informed me that she was going to hold me as long as she could. I requested the transfer because I don't care for the unit (work in hospital) and the hours are better for me in the unit I requested the transfer. I am hating being on the unit even more now and am very impatient about leaving. How do I deal with being there and keeping a positive attitude when I don't want to be there?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just try and focus on the task at hand while you're at work and when you feel yourself getting irritated, take a step back, count to ten and then continue on with your day. Perhaps use a mantra, something you can repeat to yourself to stay calm and focused.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just determine to make the best of it. We are military and are always trying to make the best of situations. My hubby has been at a sea duty for 8 years now going out. We were due for shore duty which means he stays at home with us about 3 years ago and they keep holding him here. We have sold our house ready to move for who knows where, which is also frustrating. But if if we did not make the best of it we would be miserable. Hang in there and you will eventually get there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Pray
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• And this too shall pass...
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010