Damn...

I knew I got my hope up too high. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted a positive test (when I originally thought I was)...I know I want kids and I feel ready, but we aren't in the jobs I want us to be in. But the more I thought about it as time went on, I wanted it to be true, I'm ready to be a mom...This hurts...

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 1:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Just remember you can have a baby without a whole lot of money. Mine was a surprise pregnancy, and my husband and I make about $12,000 a year (yeah, pitiful). But we're both in school and on our way to making a lot more. In the meantime, all my baby items are secondhand and I hit the yard sales every saturday this year. I maybe have 3 brand new outfits for baby and just what friends and family have bought me as gifts. I'm not all hoity-toity like some people are about secondhand stuff so I don't mind not buying brand new, it's actually fun seeing what you can find and knowing you didn't spend a ton of money! All baby needs is lovin', don't stress about money and material things...
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Im sorry things are not working out....I thought I was pregnant a few months ago and i knew we shouldnt be having another child considering my husband was about to deploy but i went and took a test and when i was waiting for the doc to call the next day i was hoping that they were going to tell me it was pos. It wasnt and i was crushed but at the same time I knew it was best...Still hurt though....But if you want a child now then just keep trying. Good luck and have fun when you try lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I know overall there is a reason as to why I'm not now, but it still hurts and sucks.

--Evansmommy--that's why I realized how much I'm ready and want one now. We make decent money and would have tons of family support and I know that the careers we want will come along eventually too. And I know I'll have plenty of secondhand stuff, I'm welcoming it!

--Shelli--I am crushed, but I know it's for the best, there is some reason for why I'm not...and trust me, we'll have lots of fun! LOL
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There will never be a perfect time - it will always be, a better job, a better house - but God will provide you what you need. Remember, the more you're relaxed, the more likely it will happen.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010