Past child abuse

I was talking to my sister and we got on the topic of my dad we have the same mom but he raised her. He was abusive hitting us with belts all the time for anything. I thought our mom didn't know for various reasons they worked dif shifts ect. She told me things I never knew about how much worse the abuse had been for her and how she used to beg my mom not to be alone with him. I'm so sick angry and sad that my mom didn't protect her my image of her is totally shattered. I already rarely talk to my dad but know I want nothing to do with him after hearing these stories unless it's to scream at him. I don't know what to do b/c it was so long ago but it's all fresh and new to me now. Like do I let it affect my realationships with my parents now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• i would talk to a counselor about what you are feeling.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 2:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would we just don't have any extra money right now since my husband has to pay for all his school
    Anonymous

• Are you religions? try a priest or pastor or someone else if so. If not there are programs out there that have free counseling i believe.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 6:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2008